About Leicester Landlords

Local landlords founded the Leicester Landlords Association in 2000, becoming one of only a few in the Midlands. The association is a Non-Profit organisation managed completely by its members on a voluntary basis. We have members from across the UK all with one thing in common, properties in Leicester and the opportunity to regularly meet together to discuss experiences, exchange information, identify problems and decide how to best deal with them.

New regulations are being imposed on the private rental sector faster than ever previously seen within the UK. Most landlords are unaware of the ever changing legislation and how it directly or indirectly affects them and sometimes innocently breach theses regulations and laws unknowingly.

Organisations like Leicester Landlords Association are the best source information for private sector landlords with regular updates about what is currently happening in this sector and what likely changes are being planned in the near future. This allows its members to make informed decisions about how to manage their business compliantly and implement necessary changes to meet with new legislation.

Our members can benefit from:

  • Advice on a wide range of issues from tenancy relations through to meeting the strict criteria the rental properties must adhere too
  • Regular meetings to discuss landlord issues in a forum with other landlords
  • Membership to an established body which has a recognised code of conduct that our members must adhere to, is invaluable within a sector that is generally poorly regulated
  • Excellent relationships with local authorities and institutes of higher education
  • Discounted rates for essential items such as property insurance through our links with local and national insurance provider.
  • Ultimately membership provides a better deal for landlords and their tenants

According to latest figures only 6.3% of landlords in the UK Private housing sector belong to an organisation, which makes you wonder how the remaining 93.7% stay abreast of the rapidly changing face of the rental sector and meet with new legislation as it introduced.

If you would like to join us enter your details and we will get back to you within 48 hours.